Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Crazy BEAUTIFUL


I may have mentioned I have three boys.  :)

They're not actually boys anymore.  The two older ones are now men.  Josh is nearly 26 and Jestin will soon be 21.  Joseph is the baby and almost 12.  


Being from a large family, I grew up with four sisters and four brothers.  So, I've always had women around, at least until I got married.  My husband and I moved away not long afterwards and every time we had a child, it was a boy.  

Needless to say, I longed for a girl.  I wanted to fix her hair.  I wanted to paint fingernails and buy cute clothes together.  I couldn't help but wonder who would take care of me when I get old?  (ha ha)  But it wasn't God's plan for me. 
    
However, this young lady has been hanging around our house for a couple of years now.  She is deeply in love with my middle son.  (I can't say that I blame her!  He's quite a catch!  lol)  

                               
                                 

At first, I wasn't sure what to think about her hanging around all the time because I was used to keeping all of my son's attention for myself.  I admit though she has definitely grown on me.  I've gotten to know her pretty well over the past couple of years and I wouldn't trade her for anything.  

Honestly, when she's not here for a couple of days I start missing her. 

I'm beginning to feel a little bit of what it must be like to have a daughter.  Because sometimes she acts just like one of my kids.

Here are some examples:

"Where's the Windex?"
"Wanna get a pedicure?"
"Are you cooking tonight?"  
"Can I make brownies?"
"Will you make a dessert?"
"Will you make cookies?"
"Can I talk to you about something?"


Sometimes she's funny and carefree.  Sometimes she's a little cranky and hormonal.  But ALL the time she is crazy BEAUTIFUL 

I'm thankful God brought this young lady into my son's life (and mine).    

No comments:

Post a Comment