Saturday, February 24, 2018

Following

Growing up, I had a pesky little sister four years my junior. She seemed to follow me everywhere. If I wanted to go for a walk to get away from her or ride my bike, suddenly she wanted to do the same thing.

It was annoying to have someone following me. Trying to lose her was sometimes fun, though. 😆

It's funny that now-a-days everyone seems to want others to follow them. We see this daily in our news feed. Follow me on Instagram. Follow me on Twitter. Follow my blog. Follow me...follow me...follow ME. Everybody wants a following.


To those of us who have pages of some sort, followers are important. 😀

Does it cost us anything to follow someone? Not really.

Eventually, we may see too many posts or emails from them. It might get on our nerves. Then we simply "unfollow" the page or blog and move on with our lives.

All this following got me to thinking about Jesus though.

As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, He saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. "Come follow Me," Jesus said, "and I will send you out to fish for people." At once they left their nets and followed Him. Mark 1:16-18

He was the first person that I know of to ask others to follow Him. (hehehe)

When He asked His disciples to follow, they dropped whatever they were doing and followed. They left their jobs. They left their families. It cost them a lot to follow Jesus. But what they gained was PRICELESS. He is the one person that EVERYONE should be following.

As for my little sister, I wish there was a way to go back in time and enjoy those early years with her again. I'd handle it a bit differently and ask her to follow me.

2 comments:

  1. We focus so much on following brands/people that we forget what following Jesus is all about. Thanks for the sweet post!

    izzy | izzabelle.co

    ReplyDelete